Honestly, you don’t need to invest a ton of money into camping equipment before you know if you even like it! Even if you know you do and you can’t afford to buy it all up front, that’s fine…don’t let that stop you. Get out there and go camping! You can get stuff here and there as you can afford it. Until then, borrow it if you have to.
The important thing is to get out there with your family and enjoy the outdoors. Get the kids away from the video games, get away from the television, get out and enjoy nature as a family. Get some exercise by exploring and hiking or maybe just got take a swim. Whatever it is, it’s better than sitting indoors all summer, right?
Here’s a great video from Modern Outdoor Dweller. He shows you how that you really only need 9 things in order to get out there and go camping.
Below the video, I’ve made it easier for you and included some links to Amazon to get some of the products they recommend. If you can buy them, that’s cool, if not…remember what I said…borrow from a friend. Make sure you like camping before you invest. If you know you like it and can start your camping collection now, by all means, start collecting.
So watch the video then get ready for an epic summer with your family! 🙂
9 things needed for car camping:
- 1st aid kits – Always be prepared when out in the wilderness and hiking. It’s better to be safe than sorry, isn’t it? At least that’s what I was always taught. – https://amzn.to/2IWwWc7
- Sleeping Bags – Okay, of course, you need this to keep you warm and dry. Using blankets is not the best, I’ve done it, but I guess it depends on where you camp. Here are some sleeping bags sorted by average customer review. – https://amzn.to/2LFvhW2
- Self Inflating Sleeping Pads – These just make sleeping WAY more comfortable whether you’re in a car, tent or a trailer. Plus, why not save your breath? Get the self-inflating kind…they’re easier to inflate and deflate. These are also sorted by customer reviews. – https://amzn.to/2J1VVqi
- Cleaning Supplies – This will be multiple items. Biodegradable wipes – https://amzn.to/2LHrOX Biodegradable Toilet Paper – https://amzn.to/2JdyfCH ; Biodegradable Paper Towels https://amzn.to/2LCBamZ ; Microfiber Sand Free Beach Towels – these are popular on Amazon and have high reviews – https://amzn.to/2xo0HNq ; Microfiber, Absorbent, Quick Drying, Antibacterial 2 pack Towel Set – https://amzn.to/2H2XGBZ ; Containers – https://amzn.to/2JivmRg ; Travel Toothbrush & Toothpaste – https://amzn.to/2xnXlKE ; Don’t forget the trash bags.
- Camping Silverware Sets – https://amzn.to/2Jgf4s0 or the Light My Fire camping sets mentioned in the video – https://amzn.to/2JiwPHg
- Lighting – Here, I gave you a few choices. You have the specific two he mentioned, plus others to choose from. Luci Inflatable Solar Lantern – https://amzn.to/2spe3nb ; Other Solar Lanterns – https://amzn.to/2srC6BG ; Streamlight Bandit Headlamp – https://amzn.to/2LCWicN ; Other LED Headlamps – https://amzn.to/2LIjG8H
- Pocketknife – Sorted by average customer review. – https://amzn.to/2L4UPuy
- Stormproof Matches w/ Waterproof Case – Perfect for starting a fire in any weather. Especially handy is wind & rain. – https://amzn.to/2IZCOx0
- Don’t forget to pack the correct clothes for the weather!
Then, of course, there’s your food and water! And adult beverages if you choose, just make sure to clean up after yourself and always make sure that the fire is put out.
Here are a couple other things to think about…
Lifestraw Personal Water Filter – especially if you plan to go hiking – https://amzn.to/2L8ZvQh
Bear Spray – Won’t ship to all locations – https://amzn.to/2J1OWhd
You should also pack cards or a good book. Most importantly, just get out there and enjoy yourselves! 🙂